The Family Advocacy Award is Family and Children’s Services’ annual award recognizing people and organizations that make a difference for families. Family and Children’s Services is calling for nominations for its sixth annual Family Advocacy Award. You’re encouraged to submit a nomination online before February 4.
- Can be an individual or organization or group of individuals.
- Can be any age.
- Can be someone who has died, as long as there is a family member or colleague to give the award to.
- Must have lived, worked or visited Frontenac, Lennox and Addington.
- The winner will be recognized for any of these activities
- Making the lives of families better
- Helping our Agency do its work, either directly or indirectly
- Advocating for families, especially those from who are disadvantaged
- The activities they have done for families can or have been recent or in the recent past and can include lifetime achievements or activities at different times.
- Cannot be a staff member of Family and Children’s Services.
- Retired staff members, foster parents, adoptive families, volunteers and board members are eligible. However, the focus of the award is for work across the community and not just at our Agency.
- They (or in the case of deceased candidates their family or colleagues) must agree to accept the award.
Last year’s winner was Kingston’s One Roof Youth Services Hub. Run by Home Base Housing, One Roof is a youth hub offering services including mental health support, addiction services, housing assistance, educational services and family support. The Kingston Immigration Partnership was given the award in 2017 for their work with Syrian Refugee families. In 2016, the award was given to Lennox and Addington Interval House in Napanee, a shelter for abused women and their children. The 2015 award was given to Maribeth Scott from Northern Frontenac Community services. The Newburgh Community Christmas Concert won the 2014 award for their work in helping children at Christmas.
Nominations close February 4
The winner will be announced around Family Day on February 18.
GO ONLINE TO NOMINATE SOMEONE